Friday 30 May 2014

For Dear Dr. Angelou



Dr. Maya Angelou (1928-2014)
Picture taken from: thebusinessinsider.com


I’ve learnt to be a woman
I’ve learnt not to be burdened with shame
I am made for living
For loving
I am made woman

My kindness is my strength,
No need to hide it out of fear,
My intelligence is for nations
I’ll share it with every boy, girl, man and woman
I am made, woman.
Made to serve my nation
Made to serve the purpose of my Master

Mama Angelou flew
With her feet both on the ground
Her heart gave her words wings to fly,
To sore over the cold tumultuous oceans,
Passed the highest mountains
By-passed stringent security systems to find me
Her words found me
In search of tangible knowledge, her words found me.
She called me Phenomenal Woman

I am made, woman
Phenomenal woman
Capacious woman
Visible woman
Diverse woman
I am what I am

Your words found me Khulu,
They reaffirmed the qualities which existed within,
They say I am enough
Just as I am
I am enough
Your word have contributed to this growth
Your words will continue to build me
I am enough

You were every woman

Rest in peace, my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment